Design and Installation
Periodic Inspection certificates
Alterations and additions
Our fire Alarm Inspection and servicing routine:
• A visual inspection of the building structure and occupancy level is verified in order to ascertain compliance with current standards
• The standby batteries will be disconnected, inspected and load tested
• The output functions of the control panel are verified via the operation of one detection device per circuit
• The operation of all sounders will be verified, sound pressure levels being measured upon appointment of a new servicing organisation
• All controls and visual indicators are energised
• Using the solo no climb method we test all heat and smoke detectors eliminating the need for stepladders and access equipment
• Upon completion, a service certificate will be issued.
Fire Alarm System – Design, Installation & Maintenance
With the advent of the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005, it is the responsibility of the building owner / occupier to ensure that the fire protection system has been installed to the correct standard, that the building has a proper Risk Assessment and Fire Safety Plan and that it is all maintained correctly. It is essential that the Fire Detection and Alarm system and Fire Suppression System are specified correctly to the current regulations and standards.
Unlike most other M&E systems installed in buildings, which get constant operation, a fire detection or fire suppression system, sits, unused, normally for years until it is called upon. We offer our Clients the benefit that we will design, install and maintain a system which meets their specific requirements, using the most technically appropriate equipment available in the industry.
Emergency Lighting Testing
MB Electric offer a service to carry out emergency lighting testing. Current regulations stipulate that all your Emergency Lights should be functionally tested every Month. In addition to this, your emergency lighting system should be tested for a full duration test once a Year (normally a 3-hour period).
This annual test should be carried out by a ‘qualified person’ and a periodic inspection and test certificate issued. We offer bespoke annual emergency lighting testing contracts whereby we can carry out all Monthly testing on your behalf, or should you prefer to carry out the monthly testing yourselves, a once per year service visit can be arranged to carry out the annual duration test. We will also provide your Company with an Emergency Lighting Logbook, if you do not already have one. The log books are used to record the testing dates, any repairs, alterations or additions to your Emergency Lighting system. All emergency lighting remedial work carried out will be in accordance with BS5266 Part 1: 2005 and current electrical regulations.